"Any woman who chooses to behave like a full human being should be warned that the armies of the status quo will treat her as something of a dirty joke. That's their natural and first weapon." ~ Gloria Steinem

Sunday, April 12, 2009

I believe in God like I believe in Santa Claus.

True story. I believe in God like I believe in Santa Claus.

Sometimes I believe, and sometimes I don't.

Sometimes I don't believe, but pretend that I do, and sometimes I do believe, but pretend I don't.

Sometimes I don't know what I believe, but think about what it would be like to believe either way.

And after all, who really does know what to believe? The idea is inherently contradictory, as belief has at its core a lack of concrete knowledge; faith in the presence of facts is not faith but reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment