"Any woman who chooses to behave like a full human being should be warned that the armies of the status quo will treat her as something of a dirty joke. That's their natural and first weapon." ~ Gloria Steinem

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Why can't we get paid for doing what we're good at?

For example, I want to get paid to drink coffee, listen to Lady Gaga, read about weird shit on the internet, and argue with my superiors.

I know what you're thinking: Doesn't that sound kind of like a lawyer? Research + arguments = legal cases, right? Maybe a lobbyist, or a congressional aide, or the high school debate team?

You would be wrong, though. I don't want to be a lawyer, because that would mean I'd have to be successful in my arguing.

I never said I was good at winning arguments.

2 comments:

  1. No, you're talking about a GOOD lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady Gaga...really...? Being a lobbyist would be *awesome*

    ReplyDelete