"Any woman who chooses to behave like a full human being should be warned that the armies of the status quo will treat her as something of a dirty joke. That's their natural and first weapon." ~ Gloria Steinem

Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm angry.

Because shit happens.

Shit happens to me, and to you, and to your little sister, and my friends, and everybody, and sometimes it seems like there's not a whole lot I can do about it. It doesn't seem to matter how much I fight against it -- somehow I always end up feeling like if I just could have thought it out for a few more seconds, or been a little clearer, a little more concise, hit on just the right example, maybe I could have made a difference.

Except what really happens is I end up in the parking lot of a Denny's at 11pm screaming BULLSHIT in my sister's ex-boyfriend's face when he tells me that rape would end if women would stop falsely reporting it and smearing the good names of innocent men.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, Angie. I hope everyone is okay! Douchebag ex boyfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jesus, I probably shouldn't tell you this, but when I say "my sister's ex-boyfriend", I mean your little brother...

    ReplyDelete