"Any woman who chooses to behave like a full human being should be warned that the armies of the status quo will treat her as something of a dirty joke. That's their natural and first weapon." ~ Gloria Steinem

Monday, May 18, 2009

Future topics note to self

Lately I've come across a few deconversion testimonials that describe the process as initated by awakening sexual awareness--to distill it down a bit. For me, sex had nothing to do with it, although the feeling of betrayal is one to which I can relate.

I do feel that God, if you believe in him, set us up to fail, but not in the areas of purity and/or holiness. My #fail categories are 1) independence, and 2) intellect.

Let me be clear. These are not direct reasons for my lack of belief in god; these are just the catalysts that led to a deeper examination of my beliefs--the first instances of "non-jive" with religion, if you will.

I'm not done with the writing on these categories of betrayal, so I'm not posting them yet. This is pretty much a check on myself, so I don't get bored and/or frustrated and give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment